Do You Have a Coronavirus Statement?
What are other businesses posting regarding COVID-19?
Here are some ideas:
- How are you responding to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are your cleanliness standards?
- Are your hours of operation changing?
- Are you temporarily closing?
- Do you have a remote/virtual method of conducting business?
- Are you offering discounts or compensation to please customers?
- What is your approach to future outbreaks?
How long does this message have to be?
Most small businesses are posting a few paragraphs and keeping the notice between 500 and 1500 words. Larger brands are putting out statements around 3000 – 4000 words, but that may not be necessary for your business.
Where do we post this statement?
Typically, these statements are going on:
- The homepage
- The blog/updates page
- A direct email to customers (We recommend MailChimp!)
Is a COVID-19 response notice necessary?
No, it is not required by the CDC. However, customers and clients may feel safer interacting with your brand now and in the future if they feel confident that you’re taking their health seriously.