In today’s climate of web security breaches, it’s more important than ever to secure your website with HTTPS. This month, Google Chrome will start marking HTTP pages containing forms as “Not Secure.” Is your website ready? If you already have SSL security for your website, congratulations! If not, now’s the time to start thinking about it.
The Latest Google Chrome Update
On Thursday, April 27, 2017, the official Google Chrome Blog announced a change coming October 2017. The one we’re focusing on is this: Chrome will show the “Not secure” warning when users enter data on an HTTP page. An HTTP page means one that doesn’t have SSL installed.
What Does This Mean?
The world’s most popular browser may pop up a “not secure” warning when your website’s visitors try to fill out your contact form. You don’t want that! A message like that may prevent a potential client from reaching out to you via your site’s contact form because they are scared of the security risk. I can help prevent that from happening.
Remind Me — What Are The Benefits?
- Trust & Reputation — An SSL certificate helps build a trusted online brand recognized by customers as a reputable website. When completing transactions over the Internet, online shoppers trust the https:// URL and padlock symbol over the unsecured http:// URL. With an SSL certificate you can inspire the highest level of trust in your customers. That means you can confidently sell products or services in an online shop knowing that each of your transactions is secure.
- Search Engine Ranking — In addition to popularity with customers, an SSL certificate will make you popular with search engines as well! The SSL certificate is recognized by Google’s algorithm as a seal-of-quality and assurance, meaning your website will appear higher up in the search engine’s results compared to unsecured websites. This means that you will enjoy increased traffic to your website from customers searching for your services on Google – all you need to do is show them that the security of their sensitive data is your priority.
Because of this push for SSL in the web community, I am now recommending this to my clients. They aren’t free, but the price has come down significantly from years past. Instead of hundreds of dollars per year, I can now get you an excellent SSL Certificate for just $75/year. I can also install this to your website as part of my Website Care Service to you. Here are a few features of the superior SSL Certificates I use:
- 256-Bit SSL Encryption — World-class 256-bit SSL encryption for maximum protection
- Over 99% Browser Recognition — All major browsers recognize these security standards
- Lightning-Fast Validation — The digital verification (validation) is accomplished easily online, with no tedious paperwork or forms
Are you interested in obtaining an SSL certificate? Send us a message, and we can set this up for you!